cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
PrintFast
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Ink Splatter

HP Recommended
FB700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have an FB700 which on occasion will spit ink when printing. It is usually limited to s single color and is 100% of the gien color. Most commonly Cyan or Magenta. It eems to occur when the heards are well warmed and at the point where the carrage reaches its end of travel and is retuning back to service end. Seems to be like its pooling up on th eheads and slinging off from inerta. 

Liek always its on the second side of every print. 

Is this a vacumm setting, a pump psi setting or something else? 

mike

1 REPLY 1
Cobb_R
5 5 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Mike,

While I have not specifically worked on the FB700 printer previously, I have specifically seen a similar "Ink Splatter" or effect in similar products.  This is typically caused by debris build up such as a fiber on the print head or other internal parts of the printer that slowly accumulate small ink droplets until the droplets get large enough to drip or splatter on the page.  There are two reccomendations:

1) If it is on the printhead then a simple print head cleaning through the UI servicing menu.  Try the level one or two service that wipes the pens.

2)  If the debris is located on other internal parts of the printers, such as the paper shims, then this will need to be cleaned by hand.  HP sells a cleaning kit for this with instructions for use. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/oas/product-detail.html?oid=4184370#!tab=features 

Again, while I have not specifically worked onthis printer before, it does not seem like a problem with a vacuum setting.  

I am an HP employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation