Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Hi. I put new ink in my hp design jet t120, it’s dated 2023. Printer won’t recognise ink

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi, make sure that the printer is running the latest firmware and try installing the cartridge after that.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

if nothing worked.. cut off the new botton part carefully & replace it with the old bottom part of ink

cartdrige..

myself #70 inks frenquently had that problem & above always worked out good...

but only concern    will it void warranty ?  cautious

HP Recommended

@rubensanchez01 The suggestion given will void the cartridge's warranty and will damage it also.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

@harryCR:  anyway I can't afford to buy updated ink cartridges in full prices, so I buy expired ink & no

need to concern warranty whatever.

even with updated in some hp inks & still gave problems... my previous post regarded to Hp #70 lg,

still under warranty & did not work at all, even tried 3 of them...

thanks for your advise....

HP Recommended

@rubensanchez01 I understand you however your cartridges are totally different than the customer's one and if he follows what you suggest HP won't validate his cartridge warranty and also can damage his printhead or in the worst scenario his printer.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

It might be helpful if we knew where Nbrjb was from.  It could be a regional issue.  Aren't some ink cartridges programmed to only work on machines in certain regions?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.