Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet GT 5820 All-in-One Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ink coming off photo paper on touching.

Every thing is fine when printing on normal A4 papers. Problem happens only when printing on photo paper mainly for darker colors like black, green etc.

I am using the the original ink that came with the printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Fixed after changing the paper type to photo paper from printing preference.

But while printing from mobile app there is no option to change paper type.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You have a combinatation of two problems. 1st, the paper does not agree with your ink. 2nd, laying down too much ink. A quick fix (assuming changing paper is not an option) is to use a hair drier to set the ink into the paper. Old designjets work really well using micro-porous photo papers in any surface. I have a 755cm, 450c and 750c and use Deitzgen photo and heavy coated papers.

HP Recommended

-

HP Recommended

Fixed after changing the paper type to photo paper from printing preference.

But while printing from mobile app there is no option to change paper type.

HP Recommended

I have just purchased the HP 5820 and when I print on phpto paper the dark ink smudges I have tried 3 different makes of photo paper with no luck .

How did you solve it please 

HP Recommended
That was an issue with hp print app. Its not yet resolved.
If you are printing from laptop just change the paper type to hp glossy paper, to solve the issue. This setting is under printer preference.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.