cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Amcnutt
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Inks fade

HP Recommended
Designjet T2530
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Ink fades on printed pieces under fluorescent ligt after just a few days. I searched on the HP website for special or long lasting UV inks for the DJ T2530, but only found the inks that I am already using.

Are there UV inks available for the DJ T2530? If so, where can I find them?

2 REPLIES 2
meat1820
Level 4
109 100 8 16
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this sounds like you are not using the right media (photo paper), or using incorrect print settings in the driver for that paper.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Amcnutt
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The wrong kind of paper could make the image fade after a few days of exposure to light?

The reason I know light is (partially) the culprit is because several identical prints were stacked on each other, but only the top one faded after a few days.

We just got this printer and have only used it a few times, so it is quite possible that we are using the wrong settings.

The 36" paper we're using is the same paper we use for our old workhorse, a DJ 4500 Postscript.

I will check the operating manual and see if I can correct the settings.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation