cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
CBH_Art
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Issue w/ Configuring Media Profile w/ HP DesignJet T1700 on SD Pro Scanner

HP Recommended
SD Pro 44-in scanner

Hello,

I am having trouble with trying to set up our HP SD Pro scanner. Please see the details below of how it's all set up

- Both the scanner and printer are connected to the network.

- Both have the IP's in the same subnet.

- I can connect/ping both devices on our network.

- Firmware is up-to-date on both the scanner and printer.

- On the scanner, LAN1 connects from the touch-screen display to the scanner, LAN2 connects to our network.

The issue:

When attempting to Print the Color Sheet in Step1 of the Media Setup from the scanner, the printer fan kicks in and nothing happens. Pushing the same "Print Color Sheet" button on the display pops up a window and closes it so fast that I am unable to see what the issue is. In other words, the printer will not print the color sheet. After pushing the button several times, an error comes up:

"54-3 - Unable to print the color sheet. Check that the printer is ready".

However, if I disconnect the cables from our network and run a direct connection from LAN2 on the touch screen display into the DesignJet T1700, it prints fine after reinstalling the drivers on the scanner unit.

Is anyone experiecing this issue on their end? Please advise.

Any assistance will be kindly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
rasheddul
Level 7
634 609 35 85
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,  Thanks for contact with HP Support Forum.

Please replace ethernet cable both of (Scanner to aided PC and Printer to Router)

Please make sure IP series and Subnet mask using same and configuration correctly OK.

I hope that answers will support to concern adequately. Let me know! Good luck 

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Thanks,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation