cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
ForeverTiff
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Issues Printing

HP Recommended
Designjet 800 Plotter
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Designjet 800 plotter is not printing properly. I have it connected and it is able to print what I request however, it is not printing clear images. It is really hard to explain how the images look, it looks as if the colors are all mixed up. You can actually see the picture but the colors seem to have collided. I need help!

1 REPLY 1
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

dj500 dj800 can print beautiful images, charts etc & I used them more than 10 years before.

Your issues mentioned, I recommend you perform the following :

clean the encorder strip.... clean & lubricate the silver metal rod.

use replace printhead option & move the carriage box to left. unplug power cord.

clean all printheads & contacts    , shake the printheads & see any inks inside.... might be empty

insert printheads back & close cover..... power on.

follow prompts.....   do a printhead alignment.... check color pattens, dots, lines etc. make sure it pass.

(   if not pass & might have printhead problem & need to replace. )

if pass, do the color calibration....   if all passed... your printer should be fine.

when print image, make sure the image is good quality, colors, etc.  convert to SRGB color . if you use photoshop, download the hp dj500 800 glossy , semi glassy photo icc profile, 

when you setup your print size, correctly define your size, layout, print quality,   use best, etc .

prior you print, use photoshop manage color  ,   hp dj500 800 glossy/sg icc profile.  

if you follow above steps, you should be able to print beautiful images...   use good quality photo paper.

Try & post your result... be patience...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation