Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
L26500 or Latex 260

After replacing the belt on an L26500 (Latex 260) I get system error 79:04 right before it gets ready to print a test print. I think there MAY be a printhead problem that is the source, but not sure.

I noticed in one post it is stated to reseat cartridges, printheads, and RAM. I will try to pull cartridges and printheads and insert them as prompted, and clean printhead contacts. I cleaned carriage contacts before reinstalling printheads after belt replacement.

Interesting:    It will print the simpler "test plot" but NOT the "advanced test plot". That makes me think it is a printhead. But I don't really know.

Initially on the advanced test plot it would slam the right side and throw up 79:04. I recovered the hard drive and now it ONLY throws up 79:04 without slamming. Not sure there is a relationship. I also tried to reconnect the carriage. Again I think it stopped slamming the right side after the HD recovery (or possibly after reconnecting the carriage--I forget).

I suppose I could try to update the firmware, but I am always leery of doing that unless I  have to do so.

The 79:04 system error specifics are:

File:    /vots/patum/gg/TARGETS/mv140-x86-opt/elektra/penink/pen/Pen/Godzilla/PenDigitalManager.cpp

Line: 1118

Class: software

subclass: assert

error: assertion

define: assert_error

description: assertion: "temp_per > maxim"

Obviously, I only disconnected and reconnected the carriage.

And removed and replaced the printheads. They of course sat out a little while.

I am a bit curious about the encoder strip. There appears to be a tiny black mark on it; don't know that that is of any consequence. I assume it was there before or maybe I got it on there via handling.

Thanks for any insight.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I think I resolved it by the ol' remove all consumables--ink, printheads, and media--and reinsert them as requested by the printer.  None were rejected upon reinsertion.  Perhaps one was not making good contact.  I don't really know.

Also, I cleaned the printhead and carriage contacts.

So far so good.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.