Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet L26500 or Latex 260

Hi, I'm getting this system error 24:10 broken bag on my L26500 or latex 260. I see that the suspect cartridge is yellow.

After seeing no yellow ink nor any other ink leakage, I tried to recover the broken bag in the diagnostic menu, but no success. Keep getting the error.

I have no ink in the air pressure tubes, but I have a length of air in the yellow tube between the ISS and carriage about 12" from the ISS. I'm not sure how long it is. There was about an inch visible then the ink tube travels into like a black foam rubber sheathing.

I've been told by a knowledgable tech that air in the yellow tube would not cause a "broken bag" condition.

The yellow cartridge weighs as though it is almost empty, 9.3 ounces.

I need to get a full yellow ink cartridge.

There is no ink spillage in the ISS nor anywhere else as best as I could see.

I did see some mouse poop and pee on the upper ISS pca. Don't know if that has damaged it or not. (Mice absolutely seem to love these big printers; it must be like a mouse paradise. Seems sometimes they make nests by shredding the absorbent materials within.)

Upon further inspection, it appears that the mice urine acidity has corroded various electronic components on the upper ISS pca. I am pursuing a replacement of the upper ISS pca. (They are sold in pairs, so I will replace upper and lower.)

I will try to draw the air out of the yellow ink line. I suppose I could follow the "Broken Bag Recovery Menu" to do this.

Or I have seen the following methods on youtube:

I have seen the air tube leading to the cartridge pressurized with syringe and then clamped off and then applying suction with syringe at the carriage end and drawing out ink at the carriage end.

I have seen suction applied at the carriage end and then applying pressure to the yellow air tube driving ink into the syringe applying suction at the carriage end.

Thanks for any input.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I replaced the ISS pca's, most necessarily the upper one that was apparently damaged by mouse urine and possibly droppings.  I think I still got the 24:10 error at first.  But then I reset the EEROM and that seemed to get rid of the error.

Cyan and black were "marked" as faulty, I think due to the damaged upper ISS pca.   I got replacement cyan and black ink cartridges and they were accepted.

I was surprised that it did not prompt me to prime the tubes but it did not.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I replaced the ISS pca's, most necessarily the upper one that was apparently damaged by mouse urine and possibly droppings.  I think I still got the 24:10 error at first.  But then I reset the EEROM and that seemed to get rid of the error.

Cyan and black were "marked" as faulty, I think due to the damaged upper ISS pca.   I got replacement cyan and black ink cartridges and they were accepted.

I was surprised that it did not prompt me to prime the tubes but it did not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.