cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
markoneil42
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

LX850: Carriage cover open/closed

HP Recommended
lx850
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

The printer is not recognizing if the carriage cover is up or down.  I have even run it through the diagnostic mode

It asks you to open the cover and press a button.  It is not sensing one way or the other if the carriage cover is open/closed.  I replaced the switch and it still has this problem.   

Any ideas for other areas to look at?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
markoneil42
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well, after restarting the printer in diagnostic mode and going through the carraige checks, the printer decided it could detect if the cover was closed but not open.  So I skipped that portion of the diagnostics and continued through the process.

On restarting the printer, the error went away. 

So, I'm good but confused.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
skuks
Level 5
249 247 13 34
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Looks like our everyday problem with waking the printer...we have to restart the printer by the main switch, just to be sure there won't be problems with different errors like slow or not responsive touch screen, or heater is offline or....etc.

The PCboard looks like electocuted after sleeping mode so often restart is a solution..for now... 🙂

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation