Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Latex 315
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When trying to print on a 70/30 perforated vinyl it will either not cure completly or if i raise the heat and it does cure, the material warps. It is a dark print and there are only certain spots that don't cure. It is a chinese material with no labeling so I can't look up ICC profiles for it. Could it mean that the material can't handle the heat required to cure the ink?
I also tried raising the passes and lowering the heat but I'm still having the same issues. My settings are at 12 pass, 90% sat, 190 heat (is too low) or 205 heat (is too high). 

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the response; at this point I didn't think anyone would reply.

I did make alot of changes with the color profile but nothing worked. The issue was the material itself. It wasn't compatable with a latex printer (it was chinese and we had NO specs on it) and couldn't handle the heat needed to cure the ink. We got a different perf and it took twice the heat with no issue. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Madsigntist

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi

you have to make your own profile if possible - lowering ink limit, temp, higher vacuum etc. It's possible to use another profile and change values and then make colour calibration/saturation. These vinils in high temp are always warping or wrinkling (personal experience from different manufacturers). Try using interpass delay in lower temperatures and lower ink limit (if it's 130 - make 100) - imitating higher passes, but substrate is curing longer so result may be the same...you have to try by yourself 🙂

Best regards

Johnny

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for the response; at this point I didn't think anyone would reply.

I did make alot of changes with the color profile but nothing worked. The issue was the material itself. It wasn't compatable with a latex printer (it was chinese and we had NO specs on it) and couldn't handle the heat needed to cure the ink. We got a different perf and it took twice the heat with no issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.