Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
T610
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi Guys,

So I inherited a T610 44 inch printer...Printheads were about 4 years old and I only needed to replace the Yellow printhead. Inks were all 50% and working.  Had a service done but got home and a few issues. 

I am getting some black lines through the prints and on the paper (see image) . There is also black ink on the rail, I have cleaned the rail but a lot of ink on the area inside red circle in image) I am guessing the printhead is touching the paper but the guy who serviced said he adjusted the printhead to go up as high as possible.

I am maybe hoping just replacing the Black printhead will fix but can anyone help with why this would be occurring? I am desperate to start printing 🙂

Regards,

Nick

NickIMG_3197.JPGIMG_3196.JPGIMG_3186.JPG

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

you have to take out starwheel assembly and clean it from beneath. I think you tilt printer vertically when you moved printer which is not right thing to do.

HP Recommended

Can I access the bottom of this somehow without removing it???

HP Recommended

unfortunately, you cant 

you have to take out starwheel assembly there are only 2 screws.

HP Recommended

OK thanks, I will try and find a tutorial....is it easy to do for a novice?

HP Recommended

So would the starwheel have ink on the bottom of it and it's that what is causing the lines???

HP Recommended

Do you think it could also be a printhead problem?   I don't really want to purchase 3 new printheads if it is not the printheads but do you think this could be the issue?

HP Recommended

I also have Matte Black Ink Cartridge that is a bit older than the others and expired...could an old ink cartridge cause this problem? Just trying to think of all issues...

HP Recommended

I think it's just dirty paper path needs to be clean, expired ink dont leak unless you drop it.

where you based?

HP Recommended

Based in Australia...so I’ll try taking out that starwheel..does it rotate when the paper is feeding through? The leaking had stopped...it’s just the horizontal lines there now 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.