Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
N9120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't get support or register this product because I can't give a "correct" serial number: for my HP N9120 Scanner.

2021-01-08 05_43_02-Add Device.jpg

According to its software that I installed, (it detects the scanner just fine) and it appears to say that the Serial # is:

You can check it out yourself because apparently, that's not it!

2021-01-08 05_50_00-Scanner Tools Utility - HP Scanjet N9120.jpg

Do you have a better guess? To check and see if you are right, enter it in here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact/products

And then let me know. I've tried every variation of Zero's and "O"'s". Thanks so much!!!

According to the HP Support Assistant, it can't find the scanner. Even though it's plugged into the computer and the software detects it and sees it, etc. 

And now this forum tells me NOT to enter in my serial number. Well, don't worry, because the number I've entered in this post is NOT my serial number, Citation: HP themselves. So I'm still compliant! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi klepper

Thanks for participate and visit the community. 

Your serial number is this number but without the last 4 numbers, removed this numbers 054W, and put what remains to check in HP web site.

Stay safe, for a technical question please open a new thread with a technical question. 

I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi klepper

Thanks for participate and visit the community. 

Your serial number is this number but without the last 4 numbers, removed this numbers 054W, and put what remains to check in HP web site.

Stay safe, for a technical question please open a new thread with a technical question. 

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.