Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
l26500

I've just run into this problem on my l26500 which is really aggravating. Where ink will be lost in one printhead. In this case it's the number 2 light cyan. The other cyan and light cyan works fine, but the number 2 is not getting any ink. I've put a new printhead in, swapped printheads, purged the lines, but nothing works.

I'm at my wits end with this. I've seen some other people having the same problem but the resolutions seem vague. Is this a printhead problem? An air pressure problem? Should I just keep buying new printheads until one works?  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Sometimes it's the ink towers (where printhead needle is going into) the printhead isn't filling with ink when printing, sometimes it's the PIP's ...call tech support or ask for more info there - https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/

HP Recommended

Well I fixed it and honestly now I know why people are vague about this problem, because I think it was just the printheads all along. After buying new printheads and them not working then taking the printer a part and everything looking perfect. I decided to buy 2 more printheads and low and behold they work fine and have been printing fine for a week. It's really disappointing that you can't rely on HP printheads even if they're brand new. $200 each is punch in the gut and two days down time is unacceptable.

HP Recommended

Very frustrating indeed especially when whole batch of PH's or inks is faulty and you are in a hurry... HP style... 

HP Recommended

Similar problem; ink pouring out of a new printhead and making a total mess. Replaced and fine- but good grief, new printhead? Looking at warranty that goes out in 2 days. Hoping HP makes this right and that the price of printheads goes down eventually. 

Pam Lynch
HP Recommended

Fortunately our reseller gives full warranty till 1L of usage per printhead...that's why few years back we've replaced 5 LM/LC printheads with different problems under 500ml. (I don't know if HP takes this warranty and in what cases)...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.