cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
jimmylogan
6 5 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

MFP 772dw - doesn't detect tray four

HP Recommended
MFP 772dw

Hey - printer is working fine - we ordered an 11x17 tray for it - it's 'drawer' or tray 4 - but the printer does NOT detect that tray four is there - does NOT give me the option to see it or anything...

Help? Is there something we were supposed to do other than 'connect' the printer by putting it on top of the new tray?

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A couple of issue with your post. First you posted to the wrong forum as this is for designjets. Second I have no idea what model you have since there is no MFP772dw. Suggest you either correct your post or start a new post and not only put the printer name but also put the model number which is found on a sticker. It usually begins with a "C". Without that information I am afraid no one will be able to assist your.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jimmylogan
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

okay - thank you

jimmylogan
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is also listed as 'large format' which is what this machine is. This is actually the board that tech support pointed me to.

The embedded web server reports - 

HP PageWide Pro MFP 772dw

also - 

Product Name HP PageWide Pro MFP 772dw

Product Number W1B31A

Product Serial Number MX76JBB00N

If someone can point me to the correct place to ask this question I'd appreciate it!

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you provide us with the model number of the added tray?

jimmylogan
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sure - it's an A7W99A

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not sure if this is the correct tray for your model. See the link below. To be honest I can not find a listing under accessories for you printer so you may need to contact hp.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05650089?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0005

jimmylogan
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hmm - okay, thanks! We didn't take out the drawer before mounting it - hopefully that will be all it is to it! 🙂

D Hook
Level 7
873 820 36 100
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Take a look at the illustrations in the link David provided.  Does your tray layout look the same?  That is, tray 2 and 3 are side by side in one of the illustrations with tray four mounted below those. Is that what you have now?

jimmylogan
Author
6 5 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, that's the way it looks. 2 & 3 are side by side - 4 goes below.

I'm in another town at a meeting today but I passed that on to the classroom yesterday. 

Thanks!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation