cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
RBARCH
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Maintenance Utility won't launch

HP Recommended
Designjet 111
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I get the following message when I try to launch the System Maintenance Utility:

"Utility not found. Please install your software." (see screenshot)

Untitled.jpeg

I tried installing Mac HP Designjet Raster Driver (version 45) :

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-111-printer-series/4122970

but it did not solve the problem.

I can still print, but I can't access the Maintenance Utility.

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I could be wrong but I do not think HP issued the utility for MAC. They only had it for windows based machines. The driver has nothing to do with the utility. The utility is a separate program that runs independent of any other software.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
RBARCH
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for yourt reply, David.

Can someone from HP please confirm this? If this is the case, do you have plans to make the maintenance availabile for the current Mac OS? Maintenance worked until a few weeks ago before we updated our OS. Now we can't maintain our office printer which we depend on for our business.

Thanks in advance.

SEJU
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have to say that I use my printer via ethernet.

I can confirm that it used to work, but somehow it stopped working for me recently. Maybe with a software update? Mainenance Utility as well as Additional Settings launched both in Safari and I was able to perform all necessary tasks. Currently I get:

"Safari can't connect to the server"...

I installed the printer on a machine where it had not been installed previously and it works. I suspect that something with the routing does not work as it should.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation