Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Make Wireless (kind of sort of) a T or Z series (or other wired network printer):    Plug it into a nearby wifi range extender such as made by netgear (reg. TM), linksys (reg. TM), etc. About $50-$100 or so--not too pricey. Obviously set up the wifi extender. Plug the wifi extender into a power outlet in the same room as the printer. Plug the printer into the wifi range extender via relatively short ethernet cable. If you need to move the printer just follow it around with the wifi range extender (of course it will have to get a good signal from the wireless router)--just plug the wifi extender into a power plug in the same room to which the printer was moved and plug the printer into the wifi range extender via ethernet cable.

Of course you could get a jetdirect wireless print server but they seem kinda pricey--the 640n on HP's site is $500+. I have not been able to find it for less than about $200. Maybe there is a $50-$100 one that works well. Let me know.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

What is the purpose of going wireless?  Just wondering because most office and home networks have wired and wireless which means the plotter, connected to the wired network is available to any wireless devices connected to that network. If it is dealing with a remote location with no wired jacks, buy a pair of powerline Ethernet adapters.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I was not familiar with the powerline ethernet adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.