cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
EEFER
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Master Reset

HP Recommended
OfficeJet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have an OfficeJet 7610 that is displaying "there is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn Printer off. . . . . . "

I'd like to try a (hard) master reset and I need the instruction to perform.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 670
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ EEFER

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

I understand that the printer is in the error state, don't worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you using genuine HP ink cartridge?

What is the error message if the cartridges are not installed.

Reset the printer

In some cases, a printer reset can clear the error message.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Clean the ink cartridges, and then check the error message

Cleaning the ink cartridge contacts, and then reinstalling the ink cartridges one at a time can help determine if a specific ink cartridge is causing the error message.

1. Gather the following materials:

• A clean, lint-free cloth

• A clean, dry cotton swab

• Distilled or bottled water

CAUTION:

Do not use tap water because it might contain contaminants that can damage the printhead.

2. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water.

3. Gently wipe the copper-colored contact on one of the ink cartridges.

Figure : Wiping the copper-colored contact

Wiping the copper-colored contact
  4. Wipe the contact with a dry, lint-free cloth before proceeding to the next step.

5. Repeat these steps for the three remaining ink cartridges.

6. Carefully reinsert one of the ink cartridges into its slot, and then push the ink cartridge forward until it clicks into place.

Figure : Reinserting the ink cartridge

Reinserting the ink cartridge
  7. Make sure each colored dot on the ink cartridge label matches the colored dot on the print carriage.

Figure : Matching the colored dot on the print carriage

Matching the colored dot on the print carriage
  8. Close the ink cartridge access door.

9. Check the printer control panel to see if the error message persists.

• If the message is to Replace the, or Ink Cartridge, remove the specified ink cartridge(s) and clean the copper-colored contact again, and then reinsert the ink cartridge(s).

If the issue persists, use this link: https://hp.care/2j0WGUM and update the firmware of the printer.

If it's still the same, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

If your product is out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: https://hp.care/2uJxnug

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
EEFER
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Good morning,

Thank you for the reply however, the printer is less than a month old and it is still using all the supplies (cartridges) that werein that were in the box. I have also already performed the steps outlined in the reply. Cleaned the cartridges, contacts, etc. . . .   I tried contacting HP concerning this device and was told the warranty has expired. I have provided HP with a copy of the sales receipt and am STILL waiting for the results of the dispute. Since this is a production machine and is NEEDED I am trying to perform some more functions to get this machine up and running while waiting for the dispute results (3 days as of this reply). I would really like to try a hard reset of the device to see if that helps. I have read several posts while looking for the hard reset steps and found out that the steps are "confidential" (??!!).  May I PLEASE have the steps to perform a hard reset?

Raj1788
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,683 11,674 582 670
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ EEFER

Thanks for the reply.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 
They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 
Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation