cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Emierivera
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post

Missing yelloy color

HP Recommended
Hp L28500
The yellow/Black print heads always missing the yellow ink
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you replaced the printhead. If you did and it happened again, then you may have air in the tube assembly and you will need to get rid of the air in the tubes before you replace the head or it will happen with the new head. Once you have air in the tubes the bad head needs to be replaced or air will appear again.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Emierivera
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply. I already change the ink tube assy. I prints again for around 20 m then problem arise again but now only one printhead has problem
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But did you change out the printhead?

Emierivera
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes i replaced both yelow/blk ph
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you replace before or after the tube replacement. If before the tube replacement, then you need to replace again since it is possible the head has air inside due to the old ink tube assembly. What you describe is typical of air in the head as it prints until ink below the pocket is depleted. When not printing ink flows thru the pocket so the next time you print there is some ink in the pirnthead so it starts but stops when the air pocket prevents new ink from reaching the bottom part of the printhead.

Emierivera
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Yes i replace both ph after i replace the tube assy.
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Was the tube assembly you replace new or used and did it automatically prime the tubes?

Emierivera
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Its new tube assy and automatically prime the tubes
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you have this issue before the tube replacement. If not it is always possible you just got a bad printhead. You do not tell us any history or the reason for the replacment of the tube assembly so this is about the best I can do with more history on the plotter.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation