cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
kencamden
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My HP Designjet500 shudders while printing

HP Recommended
Designjet500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We recently replaced the drive belt as it shredded. The printer was shuddering before this happened. Thought the new belt would help, but it hasn't. The printer head shudders as it prints leaving double lines or ghosting. Can the printhead carriage become loose on the rail causing this? I have lubed the rail with silcon drylube and the carriage runs freely

Any help greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is possible. First thing to check are the bushings on the carriage assembly. They are held in place by one screw on each side of the carriage and you can tighten them by moving the carriage to the center of the printer.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
kencamden
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks davidzuts

I was looking at those screws and thinking the bushings might be worn as we've printed a lot of drawings over the life of the printer. The bushings look worn down and the carriage does seem to have too much play in it.

Will get a tech in to replace them

Thanks again from Ken in NZ

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation