cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Peppe77
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

My designjet is printing the gray purple

HP Recommended
Designjet 500 plus 42
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Hi. I recently moved my designjet 500 from one office to another. But when I started to print in the new place, with same paper (poster paper 190 gsm roll) , pc and setting, the printer starts to print the gray in purplish colour. I tried to select a different paper in the settings but it's still the same. I decided to change the paper with Plain paper 90 gsm and incredibly the printing was fine. I repeat the previous paper was the one I was mostly using before the office change.
What it could be?
Any advice?
THANK YOU
3 REPLIES 3
Insoptivos
Level 1
8 8 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing to my DJ 820PS from Acrobat Pro XI was giving me the same purple grayscales, yet printing from the HP software (which doesn't work well for 36 x 24 prints) gave me better colors but solid colors were banded.

A  simple solution was found when I Googled it and a kind, wise person said to just change the Paper setting

on the front window of HP plotter to Enhanced Colors.  I'd always clicked the first one, Bright White IJ, but if you scroll all the way to the bottom the last option is Enhanced Colors - this fixed the purple grayscale problem for me when printing from Acrobat.  Hope it works for you as well.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Peppe77
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi. Thank you.
Unfortunately I tried that solution already but nothing. The problem shows in eather hp software or acrobat. The strange thing is that if i put the plain paper it works fine. This is driving me crazy as the paper that give me the problem is the one that I have been using for years. I really don't know what it could be. Thank you very much anyway
NotMyUsername
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is an old question, but maybe my solution will help some people.  I had the same issue with an M476 series printer.  The problem came from the printer being set to print neutral grays in photographs using 4-color printing.  Any grapics would trigger as photographs, and my gray watermark would turn purple.

Solved by changing the default printer settings as follows:

Devices and Printers->[my printer]->General tab->preferences->Color tab

- uncheck HP EasyColor

- under Color Options, click the Settings... button that was enabled by unchecking HP EasyColor

- change Neutral Grays to print as Black Only for each option.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation