cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
DadB
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

NOS DesignJet 100plus worth buying today?

HP Recommended
DesignJet 100plus

Hello,

I have a chance to buy brand new, boxed, DesignJet 100plus. Manufactured April 2004, it has been stored unopened in the original packaging for more than 14 years. The seller asks imo very reasonable price $159. However I am not sure about condition of some internal components of the printer, especially the rubber band (head movement) and rubber wheels (paper feed), as these two ones usually degraded within 5-7 years on all my previous HP printers. On the other hand, this one is still brand new. The same concern is about the supplied ink cartridges (new, sealed), but again, 14 years old. Will the ink (if not dried out) still be in perfect condition? I don't want to destroy the printheads (priced $50 each, 4 pcs) and the whole ink path by feeding it with muddy ink paste... (Again, four new inks $50 each).

Unfortunately the seller only wants to sell it unopened, hence no chance to test the printer before the purchase.

Any ideas are welcome. Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,318 6,301 751 1,058
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wouldn't worry much about printers rubber parts and its components.

Consumables are the problem, ink cartridges and printheads will probably need to be replaced with new ones.

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation