cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Photomagica
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

New 2018-07 Designjet z3200 Driver Wails with Win 10 and Win 7

HP Recommended
Designjet z3200 Q6721A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My z3200 was working fine from my Win 10 desktop on a wired network. I was using an older driver and firmware. I needed to do a clean reinstallation of Windows 10. When I went to the HP website to download a new driver I found the new installion package and proceeded to install. The installer found the printer on the network and said that it installed.

The new HP Utility would not find the printer, however I could type the printer's IP address into the browser and see its web page just fine. In doing so I noticed the firmware was a couple of releases back, so I updated that - hoping that would solve the problem. It did not. Also I could not see the printer on the newtork - everything else but not the z3200.

After a LOT of trouble shooting assisted by a more experienced friend we concluded this was most likely a driver or firmware issue - or both. We did newtork tests and confirmed the wiring is fine and the network and printer apprear be communicting normally, even thogh the printer does not show on the network in Windows Explorer. To test whether it was a driver/firmware issue I located an old installion file for the driver and the HP Utility. After uninstalling the new driver and utility I installed the old ones; Driver 4.1.100.1332 and Utility version 1.17.0.3 .

Now with the old PCL3 Driver installed, I have partial printer functionality. HP Utility mostly works. I can calibrate a paper, however the "Create Paper Preset" and "Paper Preset Management" buttons in the Color Center are unresponsive. When attempting to print, in the Printing Preferences I can only see the generic list of paper types - not those stored in the printer. I can't see the printer's stored profiles. I can print using "Printer Manages Colors."

I would appreciate any insights and help in getting the printer fully functional on the fresh Windows 10 machine. Also - where do I find the software download for the Advanced Profiling Solution?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Photomagica
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry - that sould be "Fails" rather than "Wails in the subject title!

I did find a download of the Advanced Profiling Solution software at http://www.giainteractive.com/aps/EN/update.html

It installed just fine and has no problem communicating with and profiling the printer.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
SvE2
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After updating it looked all fine, we did have the lastest firmware already before the update. unfortunately we noticed later that poster larger than 91cm (one side) could not be printed anymore. Yes, we did install the driver for the 44" model and our paper is 107 or 112 cm.

Is there a uninstall tool available that cleans all files and settings related to the driver.

Thanks,

Sjoerd

BIRDHEart
3 2 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue, my new windows 10 cannot pirnt using the drivers supplied by HP.  But my old window 7 box is working fine.  I want to retire the old box and move to the new more powerful box but cannot if I can print.

HP I need help ASAP,  please....

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation