Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z5600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hoping someone might know the answer to this. I just installed new printheads in my Z5600. It was going through the setup, and completed the first step when error code 21:13 popped up. Sounds like I need a new service station. My question is: Do I take out the new printheads, or leave them in? Is it a bad idea to mess with the printheads while the machine is off? Any help would be great.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Make sure you did not forget to capture the metal loop when closing the printhead cover.

Repairatrooper_0-1613601008784.png

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Sir

the service station (some times and special when the service station works a bit and stops    ) just spray  some alcohol in the service station specialty  on the left and right where the opening is located   . without removing any thing  just turn the printer off and try to release the carriage and move it to the left side . or just move it taking care not to force . spay the alcohol or a lubricant in the service station on the side of the opening WhatsApp Image 2021-02-18 at 10.51.23.jpeg

if the carriage is not  in position on  the service station and ready its best to remove the print-head and protect the nozzles 

with the orange cover that comes with it if  you will not solve the problem in 2 days time  

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for the suggestion. Still had an error, but it was worth trying for sure. Installed a new service station today. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Checked this, you never know. Always good to check simple things first! I appreciate your help. Installed a new service station today. I  always like to have multiple views/suggestions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.