Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet T120
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm trying to print a 17" by 22" TIF file from a graphics program on my T120. I'm printing onto a 24" roll, so I set the output paper size at Super C/A2, which is 18 x 24. No matter how I position the image (centered on paper, upper left, etc), in either Landscape or portrait,  or whether I set the margins or not, the image is always clipped in the same manner: with about 20% of the left side off the printer and about 20% of the top of the image unprinted. What am I doing wrong? Here's a pic of the clipped image (top) and the full image (below) both are Copyright (c) 2016 Two Generals Games.:

clippedfull

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the image is actually 17 x 22 you might want to use the paper size ARCH C.

Make sure the encoder strip is clean and check the paper size detected by the printer

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

If the image is actually 17 x 22 you might want to use the paper size ARCH C.

Make sure the encoder strip is clean and check the paper size detected by the printer

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

Thanks, Mike. That helped solve the problem, although I still can't figure out why Super C/A2 didn't work, as it is 18 x 24, same as ARCH C. I also reinstalled the printer drivers since I had reason to believe they weren't correct.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

I have something to add.  My newer T120 plotter won't print an image if that image is selected as "maintain in back" if there is even one line crossing close to the edge of that image or over it, the Plotter will not print it, maybe it will print a strip of it, but that is all.

Bring in your image, no selection clicked as with no "maintain in back" selected and then select your "binding or framing line(s)" and select them to "bring to the front." Image now prints.  Took me a few hours to figure this out, as the older same model plotter did not have this bug.  Yeah, a bug!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.