Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 510
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi,

Can anyone help or advise please, I have an old Designjet purchased from new circa 2012- light use. Which I run from my mac for AutoCAD Line Drawings, the mac is running latest version of OS.

Recently I received an error to replace the cyan print head (tried cleaning as per youtube clip- no luck)

So went online to find a replacement, all online stores had 0 stock, so tried Ebay (i'm not an Ebay fan, but was desperate) received the print heads installed the cyan and the same error message appeared, checking the print head it is past its use date but it is a genuine part and brand new.

Is there any way to get it to work.... or have I just had an expensive lesson in what my father used to say "Always buy new"

Regards

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Can you tell us what the dates are on the printheads?  What exactly is the message on the front panel?

I believe there's a firmware updates for the 500 and 800 series printers that  fixes a problem using newer printheads in these printers. but it's related to the date on the printhead.  You can try a search on this board to find it.  It was such a problem that I remember getting 4 new printheads for free and instructions on downloading the new firmware for an 800 model I used to own, straight from HP.

I'll try to find more info on it later, if you can't find it.

Or maybe someone else has some more first hand knowledge of the issue.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.