cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
TEC4
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

PRINTER IS SHOWING ERROR MASSAGE

HP Recommended
HP DESKJET 3835

PRINTER IS SHOWING ERROR MASSAGE THAT CARTIRAGES (BOTH BLACK AND COLOR) ARE NOT  GENIUNE ,EVEN THOUGH I HAVE INSTALLATED GENIUNE CARTIRAGES  ,WHAT TO DO?

1 REPLY 1
Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 6,228 314 468
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@TEC4

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned below:

A Used or Counterfeit ink cartridge Detected, Counterfeit ink cartridge Advisory, or Used, Refilled, or Counterfeit ink cartridge Detected error message displays on the computer or printer control panel. The message is meant to indicate refilled or counterfeit ink cartridges, but it can also occur when a genuine HP ink cartridge is depleted or almost depleted.

Step 1: Use genuine HP ink cartridges

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to https://hp.care/2puYRDc.

Purchase replacement cartridges and other supplies from the HP Store or local retailers.

If using genuine HP ink cartridges resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

Step 2: Acknowledge the message, and then continue with the print job

Click or press No, OK, or Continue to dismiss the message. The printer continues with the print job.

You might have to dismiss the message every time you print.

If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

Step 3: Reset the printer

If you still cannot print or if you are not able to dismiss the error message, reset the printer.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

note:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Let me know how that pans out. 🙂

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation