cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
DESIGNER-64_
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

PROPER DRIVER RECOMENDATATIONS

HP Recommended
HP DESIGNJET 800
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

OUR PLOTTER DOES NOT FIT TO PAPER SIZE WHEN WE USE WINDOW SELECT.  i HAVE A 34 X  48 IN LONG PRINT, i TELL IT TO PRINT ON A E SIZE PAPER(34 X 44)  i TELL IT TO SCALE TO PAPER SIZE.  BUT IT CUTS OFF THE THE EXTRA 4 INCHES OF THE PRINT.  

WE ALSO ARE GETTING ERROR CODES THAT WE HAVE TO RESET THE PLOTTER BETWEEN PLOTS, BUT THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN PRINTING OUT OF SOLIDWORKS OR DRAFTSITE.  WE PRINT FROM OTHERS FINE.

3 REPLIES 3
TheDoctor46
Level 2
Level 2
25 25 1 5
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

We will try to see if we can assist you here.

In the Solidworks application setting did you set to custom paper size?

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution Smiley Happy .
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Tabassum_S
Level 3
Level 3
36 36 4 14
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

I understand that you may be using autocad application,
select the file-> print(ctrl + p) ->on the print screen, after selecting printer name
select properties->custom properties->select paper size: custom size which you have to set : 34 X  48 IN
paper type->plain
under layout tab-> select fit to custom size(profile name which you have saved for custom size)
come back to main print screen, select window and then check the previw and give print and check.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Vijay_C
Level 3
Level 3
35 35 2 2
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The Image size is 34 x 48 " is a custome size near to an A0 size .

Create a Custome size paper settings under Printer driver properties > Preferences > Paper /Quality > Custom : set the size in inches. and save with a name.

Select document size with this new custome name.

Under Features > select Print document on : and select the new paper size .

This same  settings has to be selected even under Advanced > printing defaults .

Hope this is helpful.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation