cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Devin_1
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Page size not available in page setup

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been trying to print documents on 11x17 paper on my HP Officejet 7612 printer. The paper tray shows the slot for this paper size and it can scan 11x17, but when I try to select this paper size while printing a document it does not show up. I have tried to follow HP Customer Support "Create Custom Printer Sizes in Windows" instructions and I have no problem going through the instructions and adding the paper size, and if I go through the steps again I can see the size I have previously made, but when I go to a document and try to select that paper size it does not appear.

1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
33,260 32,737 3,051 11,062
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Devin_1

Printer Specifications > Paper Handling show that "Tabloid" 11x17 is available as a paper size -- this paper size can be made to print "borderless" (or small margin).  Tabloid sized paper is not used through the ADF.  This size is (marked as) available for duplex.

Ideas...

Print Properties (Preferences)

Try adjusting the Source to "Tray 1" as opposed to "any", "automatic", or similar.

Try adjusting the Media type -- select the Media type (as opposed to automatic or similar).

In general, "Custom Paper Sizes" do show up in most programs that access the printer properties -- this may not be true for every program (software) used to edit / view documents and submit those documents to the printer.  In some cases it may be necessary to Restart the computer after creating a Custom form.

If Tabloid size paper shows up on the "paper size" list, try that.

Reinstall / Update your PDF Reader (Adobe Reader DC / Foxit Reader)

• HINT: Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software

NOTE:  Update / Install Adobe Reader DC even if you do not use the software directly.

References

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers and Software, Videos, How-to, Troubleshooting, Manuals, Product Information, and more

HP OfficeJet 7612 Wide Format e-All-in-One

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation