cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
ctmystro
6 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Paper Mismatch

HP Recommended
HP 7740 large format printer
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

"The paper size detected by the printer is smaller than the paper size selected for the print job." Is there a way around this? I tried "Print anyway" but it cancelled the job. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,152 1,170 2,518
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ctmystro,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with a paper mismatch of the printer. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description and spectacular troubleshooting and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this occur after a power outage or surge?
  • Did you check the printer specifications to see if the correct paper size is being used?
  • Has it worked before?

For now, please try these steps:

If it is the correct paper size and paper type which is supported by this primer then perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-7740-wide-format-all-in-one-printer-series/768... (HP Printers - Paper Mismatch Error (Mac)

• But remove and add the printer only as Apple AirPrint or secure Airprint and not as an HP printer.
  • Update the printer firmware also from the same link. This should fix the issue. Perform all the prescribed steps from step 1 to step 5.

If the issue continues, then restore factory defaults on the printer from this user guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05216524  and check again. Refer to page 140 for instructions on how to do it. This should do the trick for you.

Perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. Good luck to you. I will keep a watch for your response.  Please note that I am not overloading you with steps but instead, giving you more information to work with.

We are as eager as you are to get the issue fixed. I request you to perform all these steps till the issue is fixed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printers have no brain & people do.

use      custom  option   to set your print sizes, according to your media loaded...

ctmystro
Author
6 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems I cannot simply put a 10x13 piece of paper on the flatbed glass and copy it to a larger size paper, or even an 11x17. I keep getting the wardning that the paper sizes are mismatched. Well, I know that, but why won't it just copy onto a larger sheet? I've tried "fit to page" - which makes sense, but it does not work.

My orchestra is about to purchase this item, but we will not do so if I cannot solve this problem.

Thank you,

Richard

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation