Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 6200 All in one

Is there a way to set up a password to lock others from printing?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Scott819,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you would like to know if you can set a password for your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned you would like to know if you can set a password for your printer.

I'm afraid that there is no option of locking your printer with a password.

However, the printer supports something called wireless direct that you can enable so the printer broadcasts its own network, which you could connect to and print from. Your best bet might be to hook up USB to your computer if you aren't already and turn wireless off on the front panel, although this might not stop it if the person has physical access to the printer.

To stop it entirely stop you would want to connect the printer to the same network and type 192.168.223.1 into the address bar of a web browser as if it were a website. From here you should have a settings tab along the top, and then I believe administrator settings along the left. In that screen, you should be able to uncheck features that you want disabled, like wireless.

Refer the printer user guide for more information.

Hope this answers your question.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.