cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Jess30
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Password

HP Recommended
Desk jet3630
Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Can anyone tell me where I can find the password for direct printing

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
Retired
Retired
22,744 22,731 1,371 1,398
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jess30

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I would like to help

I understand that your would like to use the WiFi-Direct option and need help finding the password

Please follow these steps to use the WiFi Direct feature to connect your printer and Mac

- On the printer control panel, press the Wi-Fi Direct button

- To find the Wi-Fi Direct name and password, press the Information button to print a printer information page.

- From your Mac, select a document from a print enabled application, and then select the option to print the document.

- From the list of available printers, choose the Wi-Fi Direct name shown such as DIRECT-**-HP DeskJet 3600 series (where ** are the unique characters to identify your printer).

- If it prompts for a Password, you can try the default password 12345678 or the password from the Information page which you printed.

Hope this helps

Keep me posted if you need further assistance

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation