cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
SH-Penn
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Pl;otter is saying Media too small, remove media when I try to load the paper.

HP Recommended
HP Designjet 5500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Plotter is saying "media is too small, remove media" before allowing me to select a size. I do not think it is the media sensor , Ifeel it might be the size issue because I had accidently selected the wrong size so I removed the media to redo and it started saying this. this is the first time this has happened and it was when I pushed the wrong button when loading no I cannot get it to take any paper.

3 REPLIES 3
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disconnet the plotter from the computer and turn off the power using the switch in the rear. Turn back on and when it asks for media see if it will now load.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
SH-Penn
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I did this and it is still saying media too small.

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you give us a little history. What size media are you loading and is it a sheet or a roll. Have you used this same media before. This message usually comes up when a job has been sent and the media is to small for the job or the media is just to small for the printer itself. If you had sent a job perhaps the job was nested and is still resident on the hard disk and trying to print. Make sure you empty any jobs still at the printer and disconnect the printer so only power is going to it.

Below is the exact meaning of the message so to be honest I think you still have a job that want to print and the media you are loading is not correct.

Media too small The printing material you
are attempting to load is
too small for the printer to
print the file.
In the case of an internal
calibration, remember to
use at least a D-sized
printing material.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation