cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
csmithq2l
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Plotter Printing wide Black Bands

HP Recommended
Designjet 4000ps
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Our Designjet 4000ps has started to print wide black bands. Usual fix is to run printhead cleaning; or the "magic" 3rd print works out. No more. All prints go a couple of swipes and then the wide black bands appear.  I've pulled the printheads and cleaned the contacts; NG. I'm leaning toward the printheads need to be replaced; but because they are expensive I'm looking for confirmation. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2
Roy_Kuzmich
Level 6
217 187 21 32
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, One of your Black Printheads needs replacing.

Try running the diagnostic Print to see which one.

There is an outside chance that the carriage PCA or Trailing cable is the issue but, could be more expensive than a Printhead and may not be available for this legacy printer (I have no idea about costs)

Roy K

Good Luck

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
csmithq2l
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Roy, Thanks very much for the reply. I ran the diagnostic print and got Huge black bands all over it. I cancelled the print when it started printing the bands. I'll try it again but I'm  thinking I will just buy 2 new printheads.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation