Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T2300 PostScript
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi, 

I'm not able to print a file with a size longer than the standard A0 paper size with my Mac.  A lot of the architectural plans have a standard height (height of an A0 size) but are a lot longer. At this point nobody at the office is able to print them with our HP Designjet...

I'm opening my pdf files with the standard 'preview' on mac. 

If we could find a solution for this problem we can stop sending these divergent files to a print shop...

Thanks,

W.V.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

you should be able to print any sizes, as long as not excede the width of your printer. if longer than width of

prnter, rotate it & use portrait layout.

When your set your print size, use custom option & enter loaded media size   ( not your image size ) , then height, the pick   portrait or landscape. also print quality on left option.

then   save it   & press ok    to return to print screen.   your image should be inside     view window   properly   with little
blank around....  otherwise,    wrong..

If you always print the same size, directly go to printer property & to the print preference,     enter all infos above,  

make sure press     apply                  so it will save as default & all apps will use this when  print.

This is the most most  basic...

HP Recommended

Thank you, it was the landscape or portrait setting that solved the issue.

Normally I pick a saved custom size (like on the picture, we have several custom sizes) and it always printed a wrong size.

The preset size was  saved to 1800mm x 900mm 

I tried re typing the same but the error came up 'cannot exceed  XXX mm, so I entered 900mm x 1800mm and this was accepted.

Thanks

Schermafbeelding 2018-12-13 om 15.20.53.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.