cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
ALU-Admin
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Power Button will not power up printer after printhead replacement

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro K8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We use a HP wide-bed printer, the OfficeJet Pro K8600.  I replaced both printheads after diagnostic testing, and followed procedure in user guide:  Open top access, move printer cartridge to left using the Resume button, then disconnected power cable.  Replaced both printheads per instructions.  When I reconnected the power cable, no printer buttons or lights lit up.  The power cable shows power as green light on cable is on, the cable is properly plugged in to the computer, and the light beside the network cable attachment point is on.  So there seems to be power to the printer.  But the Off/On button is not lighted.  None of the front panel lights or buttons are lighted.  The printer does not react if the Off/On button is pushed or held down.  The printer is listed as Offline in the computer's devices.  I even tried reinstalling the original printheads, but nothing has changed.

I am at a loss.  Any idea what could be wrong?  Thanks in advance for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
sabretooth04
Level 14
21,074 20,150 1,541 3,526
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ALU-Admin
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks sabretooth04.  I followed the troubleshooting tree in the support doc you suggested, beginning to end.  Unfortunately, the power supply and cord are fine, but nothing can be done for the printer.  Really odd that it worked fine five minutes before I replaced the printheads, and would not power up when I reconnedted power after replacing the printheads.  And, of course, it's out of warranty.

I appreciate your help.

EOJTech
Level 4
68 65 9 19
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Nothing to lose at this point, try unloading all consumables (printheads, paper, ink) as well as the network cable and then try to power up. If magic happens, start replacing stuff one at a time.

Is there a master switch in the back that may have been turned off accidentally when the power cable was disconnected?

Besides the network jack, are there any other lights that can be seen on power up? Most of these devices have one or more LEDs that can be seen in the power supply/formatter area, but you may have to pull a cover.

If indeed everything is dark, you may need a power module or power supply. Both the power module
(0957-2093) and the power supply (C8184-67050) are not available at the HP Parts store, but both are available online for less than $50.00 each in several places. I found the part numbers in HP PartSurfer based in the U.S. If your not from the U.S. you may want to double check the part numbers.

I'm not familiar with this model so I am basing my suggestions on experience with other machines. Best of luck, I hope you find the problem.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation