cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
MoDa02
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Print Head Carriage is Stuck in its Parking Zone

HP Recommended
DesignJet 130NR
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning, I have the DesignJet 130NR. It seems that my print head is stuck in its parking zone on the right side (the ink side). When I first plugged the printer into the wall several days ago, the print head traveled the entire length (width) of the printer. Once it reached the right side (the ink side), it stopped made several noises then turn itself off. The maintenance indicator (wrench) is blinking. My trouble code is as follows, column one-two bars, column two-no bars, column three-two bars, column four-no bars, column five-one bar, column six-no bars. What do I need to do (other than learning how to read the trouble codes to) the get the machine operational?

4 REPLIES 4
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,339 6,322 753 1,061
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You have 22:10 error code that means Ink Supply Station error. The part number for ISS is Q1293-60049.

ISS is part on the right side of the printer where cartridges are installed, it is used to detect a presence of cartridges and pumps liquid ink from cartridges through tubes to printheads.

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MoDa02
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I appreciate you identifying the problem with my printer.
Now, how do I correct the problem?
Do I need to buy this part? 
Do I need to clean this part?
Do I need to repair this part?

Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,339 6,322 753 1,061
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The best way is to replace the whole part.

The ISS is not a very complicated part is consist of copper contacts and electronics for ink level reading, and of a motor with mechanics and position sensors that drives "drums" that are pressuring inc cartridges and with that pressure ink flows to the printheads.

You can check for ink leakage on ISS circuit board if you have leakage that is bad because ink acts like acid to copper.
It could be a minor mechanical problem or positioning sensor.

You can check in the service manual how to disassemble and replace parts in your printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should wait to buy part....

turn on printer & when carriage box moving to left.. unplug power cord....  then remove all printheads...

power on again & wait for prompt to insert printheads... do it one by one & see what happen ?

be patience. step by step , in order to pin point problem......

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation