cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Gento
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Print head creates grinding traces. Hp T610 44Zoll

HP Recommended
T610

Print head creates grinding traces.
I have a problem with the T610.
The printing unit creates abrasive traces on the paper.
The thicker the paper type, the fewer tracks.
If necessary, I could show a photo of it.
Is this mechanically correct or is something broken?
The printer has plotted only 800 Qaudarat meters.

Greetings from Germany
Rainer

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Please post a sample.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Gento
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It was not easy to take photos. Macro 180 mm 1: 1

The grinding tracks run parallel to the path of the print head.
The grinding tracks are located wherever the print head moved.

When I set up the thickest paper, there are no signs of sanding.

Can you adjust the height of the print head?

The photos can be found here:       http://www.r-moor.de/HP_T610.html

Best regards
Rainer

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What type of media are you using and do you have profiles loaded for each media you are using. If not hp media I would try that first since there should be media profiles loaded on the plotter for all types of media this plotter will accept. Since it appears some of the printing is ok it will not be a height factor of the printheads. I work on many different models but I think yours should have a print quality menu where you can print a print quality page which should show you the health of each printhead and odds are one or more of the printheads has issues.

Gento
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer.

I use photopaper satin on roll.
250 g 0.25 mm thick.
I have tried all paper profiles.
Only   'gestrichernes Papier extra schwer' and ' HP PLus Matt Extra schwer' does not create these lines.
These lines are mechanical scratches.
The lines are exactly in the grid of the paper feed.
The lines have exactly the same length as the print head moves.
The test print of all printheads is perfect.
The stupid is just that I can not select a photo paper, where the best printing is possible .. Then arise these lines.
Can not the printhead height be increased / adjusted by 0.3 mm?

Best regards
Rainer

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is not a question of printhead height which you seem to be fixed on. If the issue was height then the ink would smear and not cause what you are getting. I still think this has to do with media. Is the media you are using hp or another vendor. HP profiles are designed for their media and if not using hp media then you need to obtain a profile for your printer from the media vendor to load on your plotter. Keep in mind the printheads spray the ink on the media from the nozzels at the bottom and if the carriage were to low the ink would be smeared or the complete image would have defects not just sections.

Gento
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The scratch lines go all over the paper.
Everywhere the sledge went to print.
The lines are in 2.7-2.8 mm / 1/10 inches? grid
The lines are created precisely in the grid of the paper feed.
Best regards

Rainer

Gento
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On the photos you can see it well.
The carriage is pushed over a sheet.

DSC_0589.JPGDSC_0592.JPG

Gento
Author
Level 1
11 7 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can hardly understand a word of English.
But could that be my problem?

https://youtu.be/4J0BbPY6ZZY

Skip my bad jokes and go straight to replacement procedure: 01:47How to replace the rear carriage bushing on your Designjet T610, T1100, Z2100, Z3100, Z3200 ...
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If the rear bushing is missing or not complete you will generally get 86.01 errors of a paper jam since the carriage will sit so low it hits the starwheel assembly. The carriage on some plotters has a high and low setting which should always be set to high. If the carriage has that setting you have to remove the carriage to change the setting since it is a physical slide switch on the back of the carriage which you can see only when the carriage is out of the printer. The fact that it works fine on some media tells me the issue is not the carraige or its height. I could be wrong but I still think it is media. You did not answer my question about the maker of the media. If not hp media I recommend you get a roll of hp media and try it and see if there is a difference.

Wenn die hintere Buchse fehlt oder nicht vollständig ist, erhalten Sie in der Regel 86,01 Fehler bei einem Papierstau, da der Wagen so tief sitzt, dass er auf die Sternradbaugruppe trifft. Der Wagen auf einigen Plottern hat eine hohe und niedrige Einstellung, die immer auf hoch gesetzt werden sollte. Wenn der Wagen diese Einstellung hat, müssen Sie den Wagen entfernen, um die Einstellung zu ändern, da es sich um einen physischen Schiebeschalter auf der Rückseite des Wagens handelt, den Sie nur sehen können, wenn sich der Wagen nicht im Drucker befindet. Die Tatsache, dass es auf einigen Medien gut funktioniert, sagt mir, dass das Problem nicht die Carraige oder ihre Höhe ist. Ich könnte falsch liegen, aber ich denke immer noch, dass es Medien sind. Sie haben meine Frage über den Hersteller der Medien nicht beantwortet. Wenn nicht HP Medien empfehlen ich Ihnen eine Rolle von HP Medien und versuchen Sie es und sehen, ob es einen Unterschied gibt.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation