cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Hakan123
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post

Print size issue

HP Recommended
DesignJet T795
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello i have t795 plotter. I print canvas. My problem is that for example when i want to print 35x80cm  picture,my print is 34,5x79cm. But it is not constant. sometimes 34,5x80cm or 34,7x79,5 alwas changing

8 REPLIES 8
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

printers need about  0.25 inch for margin , so you should try again , leave some space around..remember, even image has white/blank , this still counted as image.

when i make canvas wrap pictures n always use those margins, so i always get exact sizes

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Hakan123
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

WhatsApp Image 2018-07-01 at 20.15.04.jpeg

The sizes are gotta be,

30x60cm
30x70cm
30x80cm
30x70cm
30x60cm

i leave so much space around pictures but it's still the same.it didnt fixed anything.ıf someone knows please help me.

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Your problem has nothing to do with printer, except you could not edit & print photos properly.

It seems to me you were trying to make a set of panel picture....    then could not match them nicely,

due to minor size differents .

Semed you were using the mirror method  for edge wraping :

if you print all in a big piece, make sure keep  more than enough spaces for wraping... also cautious for DPI, size etc

Mirror sides I do not think quite useful & good looking. keep extra 10% , which give your little more room

to adjust each other.

Maybe I am not that smart & experience to make those panel pictures perfectly ....

Myself would carefully first plan the big picture size & splits to how many panels  ?    then split the big picture with

about 15% over laps...

You can google more     " how to slice    or split photo for panels " etc.

let me know how you do it perfectly & expertise...

ps: if someone with this type of experience, please do not hide & share your expertise.. thanks

Hakan123
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i know the edges are not looking good but its not my problem.My problem is that when i want to print a picture which Photoshop shows 30x60cm my print is 30x58,5cm

jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I use photoshop cs5, cc2018 to print on Z3100, Z3200 everyday, at least 6 hours .

the way I do when I print multiple small pictures on the big roll, I do the following:

for example for 4              16"x20" with 1" blank around for wood stretch, so I edit the photo exactly 20x16. all same 300dpi.

then I copy one of them & creat a new big one              42x37     width 42 & high 37

so I paste the first one to the big one & use the  arrow on the tool & move it to the upper left  corner.  then I go to 2nd photo & drag it to the  big one & move it to the upper right coner.

then I do the same for the third & fouth one to the lower corner ... so when I finish & they all perfectly aligned & spaced

Then when I print & defind the paper print size      44x39"    I gave enough space for margin...  

Sorry, I use   "   inch       not cm..

Sys64738
6 4 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hocam selamlar,

Aynı sorunu ben de yaşıyorum. 2 t795 de de dikeyde 0,5-1cm arası farklı baskı yapıyor. yatayda problem yok. uzun süredir bu problemi yaşıyorum.

Siz sorunu çözebildiniz mi acaba?

Saygılar...

Edit:

Hi,

I have the same problem. The hp t795 also prints 0.5-1 cm vertically.
there is no problem in the horizontal. I have this problem for a long time.

Could you solve the problem?

For this topic

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-and-Digital-Press/Print-size-is-wrong-...

Cheron-Z
Retired
Retired
4,444 4,336 250 492
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Sys64738  

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To ensure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Fórum dos usuários HP
Chinese: 惠普个人客户支持论坛
Korean: HP 지식커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding.

I work on behalf of HP
jasonmiamifl
Level 7
880 810 37 84
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

other than English, simply ignor  & pay no attention to it . hehe

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation