cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
VATTMOM
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Printer Jammed - now it's broke!

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet PRO 7740 Series
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My printer recently jammed - very badly. While clearing the jam, a very clear, thin strip of plastic that is placed just behind the ink cartridge came unattached from the right side. Now - the printer will  not print when I try....it simply starts to spool the paper to try to print, and then says it is jammed. 

Any idea on what this piece is and how to fix it? 

IMG_3398.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Rainbow23
Retired
Retired
7,690 6,955 428 607
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @VATTMOM,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing paper jam issues with HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer.

This could be a hardware issue with the unit.

I suggest that you follow the steps from the link: Paper Jam

If the issue still persists, please contact HP phone support from this link: www.hp.com/contacthp
You may select the country and type the product# of the unit and then follow the on-screen instructions to contact HP phone support.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
meat1820
Level 4
109 99 8 16
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That is the encoder strip- - - your printers carriage reads the lines on that strip so it knows how far to travel on it's axis during operation.

I suggest you do a google search for your printers service manual and download the pdf. then you can follow the steps in the manual for replacing the encoder strip. if it came off, it's broke because they are usually held on each end with a screw.

Good Luck,

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation