Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
DesignJet130
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Helping my Father solve the problem below.  See picture of printer preference screen.  I do not know any of the conditions before this happened.  I went to the HP website and downloaded the printer install file and re-installed it.  It did not fix it.  He has a new HP OfficeJet that was recently installed and does not have this issue.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Printer Preference ScreenPrinter Preference Screen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There were three suggested fixes I found on the forum.  One was to change/reload the language.  Since I have Windows 7 Home premium it does not allow for that.  I had to download Vistalizator.  I tried to download English but it would not let me because English was on the computer.  I downloaded Swedish, changed to Swedish but the printer preference screen still had the symbols, not Swedish.  I changed back to English and again there was no change.  The second was to change the font.  I tried to reset back to original font but nothing happened.  I abandoned this option and went for the third.  I had previously  uninstalled the printer software through Windows Uninstall, but the reinstall did not work. The first forum I found suggested to do a root uninstall.  I followed the directions, went through the reinstall process and that is what fixed the problem. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TomSS11 

This kind of weird effect might be caused by a missing language font set.

Not sure whether the same principals apply to the Windows 7 and an old DesignJet T130 Preferences:

Add (install) a font library (English - American / USA) to your Windows OS.

Try "Segoe" font.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DesignJet 130 Printer series

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to show appreciation for the help.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find a solution.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you. I will try your suggestion

HP Recommended

There were three suggested fixes I found on the forum.  One was to change/reload the language.  Since I have Windows 7 Home premium it does not allow for that.  I had to download Vistalizator.  I tried to download English but it would not let me because English was on the computer.  I downloaded Swedish, changed to Swedish but the printer preference screen still had the symbols, not Swedish.  I changed back to English and again there was no change.  The second was to change the font.  I tried to reset back to original font but nothing happened.  I abandoned this option and went for the third.  I had previously  uninstalled the printer software through Windows Uninstall, but the reinstall did not work. The first forum I found suggested to do a root uninstall.  I followed the directions, went through the reinstall process and that is what fixed the problem. 

HP Recommended

@TomSS11 

Yes, the last is the only other solution that usually works - complete uninstall and reinstall of the printer software.

Most inkjet printer software includes its own font library - reloading the software fixes any corrupted or missing fonts in the software.  Good that the software for your printer falls in that category.

I am glad it is fixed.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to show appreciation for the help.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find a solution.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.