cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Exit14
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer driver missing

HP Recommended
DesignJet L26500
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We had a big storm in our area and the power going on and off messed up my whole system. In reloading everything, the driver for the printer on the computer got lost. I have tried to download a driver from the site but it comes up as a FMW file that can't be opened. I'm running Flexi/Prodution manager and I am at a loss as to my next step to get this fixed.

1 REPLY 1
CF4
Level 9
5,904 4,371 206 529
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

FMW is a firmware file and.....

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03936270

The printer's various functions are controlled by software that resides in the printer,also known as firmware.

From time to time, firmware updates from Hewlett-Packard become available. These updates increase the printer's functionality and enhance its features.

Firmware updates can be downloaded from HP's Web site (http://www.hp.com/

go/graphic-arts/) and installed in your printer using the printer's Embedded Web Server.

To access the Embedded Web Server from any computer, see Check printer status

on page 5.

In the Embedded Web Server, select the Setup tab and then Firmware update.

Follow the on-screen instructions to

download the firmware file and store it on your hard disk. Then select

the downloaded file and click Update.

If you experience very slow progress while uploading the firmware file to th

e printer, the reason could be that you are using a proxy server. In that case, try bypassing the proxy server and accessing the Embedded Web

Server directly.

In Internet Explorer 6 for Windows, go to Tools> Internet Options>

Connections> LAN Settings, and select the Bypass proxy server for local addresses check box. Alternatively, for more precise control, click the

Advanced button and add the printer's IP address to the list of exceptions, for which the proxy server is not used.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation