Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having a printer of model no. 2645 HP deskjet. Printer is functioning well but when connected to laptop it doesn't get connected and shows connect your printer. While other function like scan, fax copy etc are working good. I am not able to get connected to laptop and unable to print from laptop.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Mayur19

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

To better assist you - 

1. What is the error you are receiving when you try and print?
  2. Have you installed full-featured drivers on your computer

Meanwhile, Troubleshoot a USB Printer Connection

If the computer is unable to detect the printer over a USB connection, restart the computer, the printer, and check the cable connection.

1. Turn off the printer and your computer, and then disconnect the USB cable from the computer.

2. Inspect the cable.

• Look for any damage. If the cable is damaged, replace the cable.

• Check the length of the cable. If the cable is more than 3 m (9 ft 10 in) in length, replace the cable with one that is shorter.

3. Connect the cable to a different USB port on the computer. The port should be USB 2.0 or greater. If you use a USB hub or docking station, connect the cable directly to the computer.

4. Make sure the cable is fully secured to both ports.

5. Turn on the computer, and then wait for the computer to complete the startup.

6. Turn on the printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.