cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Aunt-B
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printer not recognizing wi fi. Ran network test & results says: NO FILTERING - FAIL

HP Recommended
Envy 4520
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Printer suddenly is not recognizing our wi fi.   Has been working fine for months. 

Ran network test & results says: NO FILTERING - FAIL   what does that mean?  HOw do I correct it?

Appreciate your help!

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,619 4,015
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Aunt-B

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand printer isn't recognizing wifi connections,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you attempted a network default to resolve the issue?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

To restore network settings to default settings

Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

The network will need to be reconfigured afterwards. Then the user name will be admin and the password is left blank. 

If the issue persists, please try turning off mac filtering by accessing the EWS page of the printer and check if that works.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation