cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
zlense
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Printer turns on but shuts off when busy light comes on

HP Recommended
HP Design Jet 600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My plotter will turn on and all the lights will turn on then the busy light will come on and it just stops working.. the ink jotter won't move
5 REPLIES 5
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What happens if you disconnect all cables from the plotter except the power cable and then turn it on? Also are there any messages or codes on the display of the plotter.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
zlense
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I haven't had any cables besides power plugged into it since I've had it, I was just seeing if it worked just to show someone, I plan on selling it and wanted to see if it worked
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

What shows on the display. Is it blank or does it have anything on it like 2 dots or what?

zlense
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
It's blank
davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you do not get anything on the menu I would think the unit has a power supply or main pca issue and to be honest with the age of this unit I would think it is not worth spending money to get working. This unit was introduced over 23 years ago.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation