cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
whaase
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Printhead Cleaner Cartridge Cleaners not recognized

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet 4000 Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone, 

We acquired a used DesignJet 4000. We have replaces several items now trying to get this thing to work.

New Power supply

New Hard Drive

New Printheads/Cleaners

One printhead was not showing up properly and I realized one of the ribbon cables was bad. We ordered the new set and installed them. Now all the Print Heads are ok, but 4 out of 8 Cleaner cartridges are showing as not installed... but they are and they are new.

I can't seem to get past this issue now. Does anyone have any ideas to try? I've tried to reseat them multiple times.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks, 

Walter

1 REPLY 1
D Hook
Level 7
877 824 37 101
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Take a good look at the line sensor.

When the carriage passes over the cleaners it should be shining a light on the cleaners to confirm they are in place.  If you don't see a light, the line sensor may be bad.  You could remove it and try cleaning it first but it may need replacing.  They're pretty cheap.

Or the encoder strip could need cleaning.  It's the silver strip that runs though the back of the carriage.  

Do you have a service manual for the printer?  You can google Designjet 4000 Service Manual and download one.

Just had the same issue but with a Z6100PS that wouldn't read the  maint. cartridge.  Same as the cleaners on your 4000 but it's all one piece instead of 8 separate ones.  Turned out it was the line sensor wasn't working.  Scroll down and you'll see the threads.

Post back what you find.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation