cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
MDD77
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Printhead Information Designjet 500 Plus

HP Recommended
HP DesignJet 500 Printer series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi can someone please help. I installed new black printhead & cartridge and the printout says,

Code: 0000

Scan Axis Shutdown: Not found

everything else seems okay and it prints okay

I am no expert, any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
DixonMarshall
Level 2
16 14 0 2
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Clean or replace the scan axis encoder. Usually it is dirt on the encoder strip, just above the drive belt. Only use warm water and a soft cloth to clean it, as there are very fine lines printed on the back of it that the printer uses for print carriage location.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MDD77
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying, appreciated.  I cleaned the encoder it was quite dirty ran the prinout, no change. I then cleaned the black printhead electrical contacts quite dirty ran printout again, no change. It all prints okay maybe it needs another clean I just haven't got enough understanding as to what to do.

DixonMarshall
Level 2
16 14 0 2
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The only other thing I can think of is that the trailing cable may be failing, or have dirty connectors, or is loose in the socket. This could cause that error if somewhere along the scan axis the signal becomes intermittent, when the printheads are in a certain position.

MDD77
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I may give it another clean some time, good thing is it still prints okay. Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.

davidzuts
Level 13
7,130 7,062 558 1,025
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the printout from something you sent from the computer or a test page from the control panel of the plotter. If from the computer try printing a test page from the control panel of the printer to see if you still get the message. Your issue could be driver related. If coming from the control panel upgrade the firmware, but if you have a gl2 card installed, remove it before doing the firmware upgrade.

MDD77
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying. The test page is from the control panel of the plotter. I have been trying to understand what to download for the firmware upgrade the OS on my computer is Windows 10, not sure what to do.  On the HP website the file is hpdj510wx64glen.exe. Can you please tell me if that would be the right one. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation