cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
mrssarahroberts
Level 2
18 9 0 3
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Printhead Replacement Message

HP Recommended
DJ z6100
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hey guys, 

Recently replaced the carriage belt on my 60" DJ z6100. Everything went great (i.e. no leftover screws, haha) and printer booted up just fine. Showed a printhead error message, so I went through all the maintenance stuff, but it just keeps returning to "Preparing Printhead Replacement" message... I've run it probably five times, and it will go back to that screen, but it doesn't show any missing or faulty printheads, it just keeps running through the "checking printheads" and back to replacement screen... Any ideas? I was going to try to reset EEROM, but it won't show up in the diagnostics screen. Out of ideas, help please!

4 REPLIES 4
styloid
Level 3
84 51 1 7
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would remove the trailing cable connector  and plug it back in. on the carriage

And remove the printheads - inspect the ribbon cables folded round the printhead for any damage -  its possible you let something on the pathway and its crashed into the head

Good luck

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
mrssarahroberts
Author
Level 2
18 9 0 3
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've checked the ribbons, everything looks good, and I unplugged the trailing cable and hooked it back up. It's still running through the printhead replacement thing. I don't know what's going on. It'll run through checking the printheads and then go back to "preparing to replace printheads" over and over. It's running through a ton of ink though, checking the printheads over and over. Any other ideas?

D Hook
Level 7
877 824 36 101
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If it was my printer, I would try this:

There should be an option called "replace printhead(s)".  If you go into that function, it should move the carriage out of the service station so you can open the printhead cover.  Once the carriage has moved, shut down the printer from the switch on the back of the printer.  Then open the cover and remove all the printheads and set them aside.  (Be sure not to set them on the nozzles.) 

Reboot the printer and let it initialize to where it asks for the printheads to be inserted or tells you the printheads appear to be missing.  Insert them one at a time and you should hear a beep as the printer accepts the printhead.  Once you get them all back in it should go through the checking routine and probably try to do an alignment.

That SHOULD get rid of the error.  If not, you might need a new printhead, though not sure which one is the trouble maker.

If you've already tried this and it didn't work, not sure where to go from there.  It seems that sometimes these things can get into an error loop and don't want to come out of it until you try something completely unrelated to the error it's showing.  Can be frustrating.

mrssarahroberts
Author
Level 2
18 9 0 3
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you! I will try this and let you know what happens.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation