Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Printhead 831 (CZ677A)

Last week the company I work for purchased a brand new HP Latex 315 large format printer. After assembly, one print was made in order to test quality. After this, the printer was not in use for approximately 1 week. Upon attempting to print today, I was met with the error message 98:03 "Potential print-quality problem. Check printheads using the printhead status plot.". After receiving this message, I found the corresponding action from the manual, in which it was stated that there was a printhead malfunction, and to use to status plot to locate which printhead to have it replaced. Considering we are far under the 1000ml limit for warranty, we should be able to get a refund as this is clearly a faulty product. Though, I have been unable to contact ANYONE, or find ANY information on how to proceed with a warranty claim. As well, when I attempted to do a warranty check, the HP website did not recognize the provided (and correct) serial number. PLEASE provide a direct contact number in which we can follow through with our warranty claim.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Amber01234

Printer Software and Driver Support Page:

HP Latex 315 Printer

Scroll to bottom of the page > Contact Us

and / or

I will ask that an HP agent reach out to you.

Should there be a response, you will likely here back (on this thread) first.

Heed the warning below regarding "fake" contacts.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts – Please READ:

Be aware of scams, thieves, and rats that infest the underbelly of the forum. 

These people are NOT here to help you.

AND

• HP does not post unsolicited private messages on the forum that contain embedded phone numbers or email addresses.
  • Verify all phone numbers against HP Contact information in HP Documents.
  • Do not respond to random “we can help – call us at this number” messages.
  • HP will not call you to tell you there is a problem on your computer.
  • HP will not call you and ask for your personal information.
  • HP will not call you to offer you money.

HP and Forum Community HP Experts do NOT message, call, or email you and promise to fix a problem if you would just "call this number", give out your personal information, promise your first-born child, provide a credit card number.

Contact Options…

Open Browser to HP Forum,

Scroll down to the bottom of the page,

Click Contact HP

Click Support

Technical Support Details

USA / Canada

1. Submit information online: HP Customer Support - USA / Canada - Contact
  2. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information online HP Customer Support - UK - Contact
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Everywhere else

1. Contact Information: HP World-Wide Support

Additional Information - "Things that are HP"

HP on Facebook

Need help finding your computer?

Visual search-and-click to assist finding your computer model

Help to find Product Information:

Warranty Check

NOTE:  Use the "multiple systems" method to check your single system or multiple systems

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter Serial Number and Countryfor one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Click the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

Warranty Dispute

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Amber01234

Printer Software and Driver Support Page:

HP Latex 315 Printer

Scroll to bottom of the page > Contact Us

and / or

I will ask that an HP agent reach out to you.

Should there be a response, you will likely here back (on this thread) first.

Heed the warning below regarding "fake" contacts.

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts – Please READ:

Be aware of scams, thieves, and rats that infest the underbelly of the forum. 

These people are NOT here to help you.

AND

• HP does not post unsolicited private messages on the forum that contain embedded phone numbers or email addresses.
  • Verify all phone numbers against HP Contact information in HP Documents.
  • Do not respond to random “we can help – call us at this number” messages.
  • HP will not call you to tell you there is a problem on your computer.
  • HP will not call you and ask for your personal information.
  • HP will not call you to offer you money.

HP and Forum Community HP Experts do NOT message, call, or email you and promise to fix a problem if you would just "call this number", give out your personal information, promise your first-born child, provide a credit card number.

Contact Options…

Open Browser to HP Forum,

Scroll down to the bottom of the page,

Click Contact HP

Click Support

Technical Support Details

USA / Canada

1. Submit information online: HP Customer Support - USA / Canada - Contact
  2. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information online HP Customer Support - UK - Contact
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Everywhere else

1. Contact Information: HP World-Wide Support

Additional Information - "Things that are HP"

HP on Facebook

Need help finding your computer?

Visual search-and-click to assist finding your computer model

Help to find Product Information:

Warranty Check

NOTE:  Use the "multiple systems" method to check your single system or multiple systems

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter Serial Number and Countryfor one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Click the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

Warranty Dispute

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue. I got the machine, it was installed. The tech, C, from where I got the printer ran the tests on the head, the plots, etc. Then he did a test run using one of my jobs. It worked fine. Nice print. Saw no errors on the screen.

Shook hands, he left, I went to lunch, came back several hours later. Reinstalled the same 36" media vinyl backlit substrate. Loaded fine. No errors. The media got hung up on the first print, somewhere in the middle of the curing unit. (Found out, that it catches in there everytime unless I advance the media wasting more on each job.) This job crashed, cleaned up the mess. Finished two more jobs.

Left machine to hibernate on itself. Planned next work, week later. 98:03 error everytime I start a job. Had another error where I had to Clean the heads. Basically tells me this everytime I power out of sleep mode. I have ran the test print plots and they looked ok to me. Still get those errors. But I was able to finish the jobs for that week with one spot that was appearing wet and some inky not so clean sparation between some light and dark areas.

The next week, again, it said I needed to clean the heads. Gave me the 98:03 error on every job, but they printed with the same ink issues on the heavy pass jobs.

Since then, I get what I have already said above, but now, I get a 63:05 error on every job, cancelling the job yet there is no network issue. Everything appears fine and data is flowing great. RIP software doesn't know the connection is gone until after you acknowledge the error. 

All I am doing is wasting some expensive media straight to garbage. This printer was installed in May. I have done 10 successful jobs, 7 of which have had the error 98:03, I haven't been able to complete a job since the 63:05 showed up.

R.S

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.