Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet T120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to print a pattern that is 9" high x 16" wide on the roll of paper. It keeps breaking my pattern in half, printing one half then the other, on two different pages. How can I get it to print completely on the roll? I am not sure if I have selected all the right settings. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What software are you printing from?  I've had that problem when printing from some Adobe applications.  Doubt that it's a print driver issue.  More likely a problem in how you're setting it up in the program you're using.

What size paper are you using?  On the printing preferences menu you should be able to ask for a print preview.  Maybe check that and see what it looks like before you print.  You might be able to tell it to print on one page.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

I am using a stained glass program called Glass Eye.

I'm printing on a 24" roll.  Under Page Setup I select "actual size" because that's what I need. 

Under paper, I chose Arch B for the size and Roll for the source.

When I first got the printer I asked on the Glass Eye FB page but they were not really able to help.

HP help was not familiar with this program so they could not help me either.

HP Recommended

Ok, I see you're trying to print a 9 x 16 print on a 24" roll using B size paper.  You might be runnning into margin problems.  Can you change the paper setting to print on a C size paper?  Or make a custom sheet setup that's maybe 11" x 18"?  You can do that in the printer preferences page.

After downloading a trial version of your program, it looks like there's an option to "Print on one page".  Will using that mess up the scale too much or shrink it too much?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.