cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HateMyT120
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Printing from Autocad

HP Recommended
DJ t120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi-

printing from Acad 2006 on Win10 64 via wi-fi.  When printing 11 x 17 portrait  from multi-sheet  tray, printer prints dwg OK, then spits out 2nd sheet with nothing printed except:

--43c02a6e-c0df-41a3-b591-c052ed88c1d0-53

in the upper left corner, so 5 copies uses 10 sheets

I have to say that I absolutely hate this printer.  I have wasted more time fiddling with it than all of my other tech combined.  Mechanically it seems OK, but I think the firmware/driver is a victim of Russian meddling.....

3 REPLIES 3
Tabassum_S
Level 3
Level 3
36 36 4 14
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for using the HP forum.

Error : Printing from Autocad

Problem Description: autocad application settings issue

The possible cause could be: settings issue

Corrective Action:

1. First need to check with the driver settings installed in the pc.

2. Go to control panel-> select driver> right click on the driver > printer properties > advanced > printing defaults
select paper size, paper source and paper type. ( it has to be done only once in the driver, not for every print)

3. Recheck same settings in preferences > right click the driver> printing preferences > paper size, source and type.

4. Open the file in auto cadd > ctrl +p > select printer driver > properties > custom properties > select paper size, paper source and paper type.select orientation from layout tab> click ok, come back to auto cad print screen> select window > check the preview and then plot.

5. Step 4 settings has to be followed for every print as application settings will override driver settings.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Roy_Kuzmich
Level 6
217 187 21 32
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The T120 and T520 printers have a much larger margin on the trail edge when using the Multi-sheet tray (20mm I think), so it won't fit drawings on the full page as you would hope. 

You will have no problems with this printer if you used the roll feeder - only 5mm margin all around.

HateMyT120
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just installed latest firmware & driver HP_DesignJet_T_Series_PCL3.  One, or the other, or a combination of both seems to have remedied the problem.

Also, printer no longer leaves large margin on one end when fed from sheet feeder.

Before I like this printer though, I'm going to wait until I print successfuly in all scenarios that caused me grief in the past.

Thanks for responding.

-b

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation